Last weekend, Makurdi residents dialled up their energy with Peruzzi, DJ Big N, DJ Tone, MC Smart, Rapizo and others as Tiger Beer uncaged Makurdi’s tastes in street food, music and art.
Sponsored by the world-acclaimed lager, Tiger Beer, the festival which had been to Abuja and Owerri, had many foodies in Makurdi, sharing exciting pictures online, thereby putting Makurdi’s stamp on Nigeria’s street food map.
Wondering what you missed? Here are six things:
- Cravings Were Satisfied: Nothing beats the feeling of watching and salivating as you wait in turn for your barbecue chicken or suya. The Tiger Food Festival offered adequate space to hang out with friends and family members all while enjoying all variants of street food.
- The Confusion Brought On By The Aroma War: Food vendors in Makurdi turned up the city’s temperature with flaming frying pans, wafting smoke from their barbecue stand and a mind-altering aroma that competed for everyone’s attention. The whole idea was to uncage their different cooking styles and creativity.
- Ice Cold Beer: With ice-cold Tiger beer in sight, the food and drink pairings were on point with attendees going home with several cans.
- Beats and Colours: When music meets live paintings, it is all about unlimited fun. Makurdi residents will never forget the colourful display of talents as the festival uncaged the young-spirited who are not afraid to express themselves.
- All hail The Food Basket: Makurdi, of course, lived up to its reputation as the food basket of the nation with the different street food uncaged at the Tiger Street Food Festival.
- If Music Competing With Food Was A Thing: Saving the best for last, music superstar Peruzzi, teamed up with DJ Big N, Rapizo, DJ Tone and MC Smart to turn it all the way up right in the midst of Makurdi’s street food.